On behalf of MISEREOR, AGIAMONDO is looking for a
Head of the MISEREOR Dialogue and Liaison Office Oceania (m/f/d),
with experience in development cooperation.
The German Catholic Bishops’ Organisation for Development Cooperation MISEREOR supports numerous church-based and secular organisations in development cooperation in the Pacific region. The effects of climate change and the encroachment on nature by mining and deep-sea mining, as well as aspects of peace-building work and conflict transformation, are key issues facing the partner organisations. To improve the networking of partner organisations and expand the range of partners, a Dialogue and Liaison Office will be set up in Suva as MISEREOR’s central point of contact. The office will be available to partner organisations as a point of contact for advice on issues relating to the design and implementation of development projects as well as to promote lobbying matters.
Your new role
Your work will contribute significantly to improving the dialogue between MISEREOR and its partners. You will enable MISEREOR to discuss its funding policies with its most important partners extensively, and will simplify access to other development cooperation organisations for church-based partners in the Pacific region.
Your place of residence and work, Suva, is also suitable for families with children as it offers renowned educational establishments and good health infrastructure.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
- You will advise MISEREOR’s partner organisations on matters relating to planning, monitoring and evaluation, as well as organisational development, and will support transparent and efficient management.
- You will inform partners about MISEREOR’s funding policies and the requirements for applications and reporting.
- You will improve access to relevant information for both the partner organisations and MISEREOR.
- You will facilitate networking between MISEREOR’s partners and with internationally active agents, and expand the range of partners.
- Working with the project partners, you will develop strategies and political perspectives to address social, political and environmental challenges and to stimulate national, regional and international lobbying within their organisations and working with other partner organisations.
- You will contribute to the further development of MISEREOR’s funding priorities in Oceania and to initiatives relating to development policy in public relations and educational and lobbying work.
- You have completed a university degree relevant to the field of development cooperation (e.g. social sciences, political science, geography, ethnology) and have acquired at least three years of professional experience in development cooperation including partner consulting, as well as having knowledge of and experience working in the Oceania region.
- You have already gained experience in analysing political debates concerning extractive industries and dealing with the impacts of climate change in the Pacific region.
- Ideally, you have project experience in peace and conflict work.
- You bring methodological competence and practical experience in participation-oriented project design, consulting, advocacy work, networking, lobbying and public relations work.
- You are diplomatic and have exceptional intercultural communication skills, to enable you to deal with the relevant players in a manner based on mutual partnership, and you can act appropriately in a church context.
- You have a business-fluent command of written and spoken English, your German skills are at least good, and you are willing to learn the creole language Tok Pisin.
- You are an EU or Swiss citizen and a member of a Christian church.
What AGIAMONDO offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
We look forward to receiving your complete online application (cover letter, Europass CV, certificates in *pdf format) by no later than 22/08/2021 via the Vacancies section of our website.
Corona - Information for applicants
Even in the current situation, we are happy to accept your application via the online application portal. We are conducting the selection procedure online. We are also still offering our preparatory measures as digital solutions.
Currently, some of our development workers are working from home. We will decide whether and when development workers can work on the ground on projects on a case-by-case basis, in a responsible manner and in consultation with our partners.