On behalf of the German Association of the Holy Land (DVHL), to oversee and manage all funding projects in Israel and the Palestinian territories AGIAMONDO is looking for a
Project Coordinator for the German Association of the Holy Land,
to start as soon as possible.
Your new role
For more than 160 years, the German Association of the Holy Land (DVHL) has been committed to helping people in the Middle East – always against the background of interreligious dialogue and involvement in peace policy. The DVHL has been uniquely present in the Middle East with its experience and expertise for many decades. The DVHL is committed to supporting people who need specific help and advocates with them for a better future for the region. At the intersection between Judaism, Christianity and Islam, the DVHL stands for understanding, reconciliation and peace. It continuously supports over 30 institutions, initiatives and projects. The focus is on social, educational and pastoral projects. Schools, preschools, universities, nursing homes and parishes as well as NGOs receive financial and personnel support.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and managing all funding projects and for advising the DVHL project partners and other donor organisations. You will coordinate the funding of projects in Israel and the Palestinian territories. You will manage the project area professionally and independently.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
- You will advise and support project partners in the planning and implementation of projects and the preparation of funding applications and project reports.
- You will review funding applications and project reports and carry out assessments and evaluations of projects, by conducting on-site project visits among other things.
- You will act as the intermediary between project partners on the ground and donor organisations in Germany.
- You will prepare funding applications for public funding bodies (e.g. the German government’s Small Projects Fund).
- You will nurture contacts with local and international NGOs and church institutions, and expand the DVHL network on your own initiative.
- You will support the DVHL in the professional development of the project area and project portfolio, for example by identifying new project partners.
- You have completed a university degree in social sciences or the humanities and have at least two years of experience in the field of humanitarian aid and/or development cooperation, ideally acquired in connection with the region.
- You have experience and knowledge in the field of German development cooperation, ideally also of the German Catholic Church and its aid organisations.
- You have knowledge and experience in the fields of programme and project management, organisation development and, possibly, peace-building and reconciliation work.
- You use your communication and advisory skills in a culturally sensitive way, you are diplomatic, and you can act appropriately in a church environment.
- You are independently able to structure your work efficiently and document it transparently.
- You have a business-fluent command of German, verbally and in writing; knowledge of Arabic or Hebrew is an advantage.
- You have a class B driving licence (or comparable).
- You are physically and mentally fit to travel within Israel and the West Bank and, depending on the security situation, in the Gaza Strip.
- You identify with the objectives and substance of the German Association of the Holy Land.
- You are an EU or Swiss citizen and identify with the goals and concerns of church development and peace-building work and are a member of a Christian church.
What AGIAMONDO offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
We look forward to receiving your complete online application in *PDF format (cover letter, Europass CV, references) by no later than 28/02/2021 via the Vacancies section of our website.
Corona - Information for applicants
Even in the current situation, we are happy to accept your application via the online application portal. We are currently conducting the selection procedure online. We offer the preparatory measures digitally and partly also as face-to-face events in compliance with the necessary hygiene regulations.
Currently, many of our development workers are working from home. Some have had to leave their places of work temporarily and are remaining in their home countries. We hope that the global situation will improve and that we will be able to make a responsible decision, together with our partners, to have development workers on the ground working on projects again.