On behalf of Caritas Germany for its local service centre in Beirut, AGIAMONDO is looking for a
Project Coordinator Humanitarian Aid (f/m/d), Beirut, Lebanon
Your new role
Caritas Germany is the charitable organisation of the Catholic Church in Germany. Every year, Caritas Germany provides support for approximately 1,000 humanitarian aid and development projects worldwide, regardless of the religion, ethnic identity or nationality of those affected.
Due to the current conditions in Syria, the place of residence and work is Beirut. The holder of the position will be required to travel to the project areas in Syria approximately every four to six weeks. The local partners include Caritas Syria with regional offices in Damascus, Aleppo and Hassaké as well as various religious congregations in Homs. Caritas Lebanon, the long-standing partner of Caritas Germany in Lebanon, provides support in meeting the administrative requirements of the position.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
- Advise and support to local partners in the planning, management and implementation of projects and programmes in coherence with Caritas Germany guidelines.
- Guidance on preparation of project proposals , project implementation in accordance with the Caritas Germany standards and timely documentation on project progress to the head office.
- Support to ongoing aid programmes and projects by monitoring activities and administrative regulations, prepare funding applications for public donors (e.g. German federal government, EU), coordinate and oversee the work of consultants.
- Plan and conduct administrative, financial and sector specific trainings for local partners.
- When specifically agreed on, participation in relevant coordination meetings (German Embassy, OCHA, UNHCR, CIMO), representing Caritas Germany and supporting public relations work.
- You have an academic degree relevant to development cooperation and at least 2 years experience in the field of humanitarian aid and/or development cooperation, ideally acquired in the region.
- You will use your counselling and training skills in a culturally sensitive way and have sound knowledge of programme and project management, as well as financial management and accounting.
- You have experience working with local partner organisations and identify yourself with the mission and vision of Caritas Germany.
- Physical and mental fitness, Covid-19 vaccinations are mandatory for departure.
- You have diplomatic and exceptional intercultural communication skills, which enable you to cooperate on the basis of mutual partnership, you can act appropriately in a church context.
- Proficiency in the English language. Knowledge of Arabic and German are an asset. You hold EU or Swiss citizenship.
What AGIAMONDO offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Two-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
We look forward to receiving your complete online application in *PDF format (cover letter, Europass CV, references) by no later than 28/11/2021 via the Vacancies section of our website.
Corona - Information for applicants
Even in the current situation, we are happy to accept your application via the online application portal. We are conducting the selection procedure online. We also offer our preparatory measures as digital solutions.
Currently, some of our development workers are working from home. We will decide whether and when development workers can work on the ground on projects on a case-by-case basis, in a responsible manner and in consultation with our partners.