On behalf of Caritas Germany, AGIAMONDO is seeking to fill the following position in the National Caritas Organisation in Afghanistan at the earliest possible date:
Project Coordinator Humanitarian Aid (m/f/d), Kabul, Afghanistan
Your new role
Caritas Germany, the worldwide social welfare organisation of the German Caritas Association (DCV), helps to ensure people's survival in the wake of natural disasters and in crisis areas. With social projects, Caritas Germany supports people who are particularly in need of protection including children, adolescents, the elderly, the sick and people with disabilities, regardless of the religion, ethnic identity or nationality of those affected.
Since 1984 Caritas Germany has been active in Afghanistan and since 2001 has maintained its own Country Office Afghanistan (COA) in Kabul. The office has about 25 employees and about 10 big projects. In spite of the changed situation in Afghanistan since August 2021 Caritas Germany continues with its work of humanitarian aid for vulnerable people. The office mainly provides advice and support to local partner organisations; it acts as a coordinating body with management and, if necessary, project implementing functions. Within this context, it also performs representation tasks.
In detail, you will take on the following tasks:
- You will prepare and coordinate needs assessments for humanitarian aid projects and also examine project applications of local partner organisations.
- You will ensure the content-related and administrative monitoring of ongoing aid programmes and projects in compliance with Caritas Germany’s standards and be responsible for implementing quality management measures.
- You will help strengthen local partners through training measures in administration/finances and in project management.
- You will support COA’s local staff in advising local partners in the planning and implementation of projects financed by Caritas Germany in the areas of humanitarian aid and social work.
- You will ensure ongoing reporting to the Caritas Germany head office and coordinate and accompany the deployment of short-term consultants.
- Together with the team, you will prepare funding applications to public donors such as the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Federal Foreign Office (AA), the United Nations (UN-OCHA), the EU or ECHO.
- Together with the staff you will develop a standardized selection procedure for new potential Caritas Germany partner organizations.
- You will support the Country Representative in representation tasks and in the executive management and represent her in case of absence or illness.
- You have a relevant university degree (e.g. social sciences, regional sciences, economics, rural development) and/or several years of work experience in the field of humanitarian aid.
- You use your communication and counselling skills in a culturally sensitive way and have already gained experience supporting local partner organisations.
- You have already worked in Afghanistan, in the region or in a comparable environment and are mentally resilient.
- You are experienced in managing public funds and are familiar with application procedures, including the creation of logframes, as well as reporting to public donors (e.g. AA, BMZ, ECHO, EU, UN).
- You preferably have experience and knowledge in agriculture, food security and/or WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene).
- You are proficient in the written and spoken use of English in business contexts; fluency in the local Dari language is an advantage.
- You identify with the objectives and substance of Caritas Germany or are willing to familiarise yourself with these and to adopt them.
- You are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland.
What AGIAMONDO offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Two-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching, supervision and individual consulting
Due to the particular burden of the situation in Afghanistan, the job is associated with a special financial allowance as well as generous and financially subsidised additional leave. Every 6 - 8 weeks, you can leave the country for at least one week. You can rely on comprehensive and successful security management based on many years of experience. A furnished residential building is provided for the international experts.
We look forward to receiving your complete online application (Cover letter, Europass CV, certificates in *PDF format) by 16th of October 2022 at the latest via the Vacancies section of our website.
Corona - Information for applicants
we are conducting the selection procedure online. Preparatory work is taking place in person in Cologne, in compliance with applicable hygiene and distance rules.
Please also read our current information on vaccinations.