For 60 years, AGIAMONDO has been a reliable partner for development workers and a competent recruitment agency for a large number of church and other civil-society organisations in international development cooperation. As a state-recognised recruitment agency, we place qualified development workers from Germany and the European Union who follow Christian values in projects in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the countries of Central and Eastern Europe. Since its foundation in 1959 by Catholic associations and organisations, AGIAMONDO has been able to place more than 6,000 development workers in development projects.
Do you want to send us an initiative application? Please feel free!
For its global activity, AGIAMONDO is looking for professionally experienced and socially committed people who would like to work as development workers in development cooperation or in the Civil Peace Service (CPS).
Working as a development worker in development cooperation
Would you like to work abroad and combine your skills with socially relevant activities? The most important requirements are solidarity, commitment and a passion for working together in partnership. The following are also important:
- As a general rule, a completed degree is a requirement; in some cases, completed vocational training is sufficient
- At least two years of professional experience, in which your specialist knowledge was put to good use
- Experience abroad, especially in non-European countries, is an advantage
- In most cases we can only place EU or Swiss citizens
- Interest in other cultures
- Very good written and spoken foreign language skills appropriate to the country of assignment
- Identification with the goals and values of church development cooperation
Working for the Civil Peace Service
As a Civil Peace Service development worker, you will work in conflict regions. Therefore, your core competencies will include empathy and resilience, a high level of social responsibility and strong communication skills. In addition, you need:
- A completed degree
- Professional expertise in a field relevant to peace work
- At least two years of professional experience
- Adult education skills
- Experience in organisational development or in the management of social organisations
- Networking knowledge
- Communication and public relations knowledge
- Project planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME) skills
- As a development worker in development cooperation, you can expect a variety of new tasks and challenges.
- We offer you a wide range of individual professional development services, tailored to your new workplace. You can find some of these in our AGIAMONDO Seminar Programme 2020, which we publish in cooperation with Dienste in Übersee GmbH - Evangelisches Werk für Diakonie und Entwicklung e.V. You will receive cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision.
- In addition, AGIAMONDO pays an internationally standard subsistence allowance and provides you and your family with other extensive social and security benefits.
- AGIAMONDO is a state-recognised recruitment agency and works with over 150 organisations. As an AGIAMONDO development worker, you will benefit from this global network. This doesn´t only open up interesting fields of activity around the world, but also makes it easier for you to settle in locally.
If you meet our criteria, we will include your data in our pool and notify you if we find a suitable placement opportunity. We will keep you up to date with news from AGIAMONDO through our newsletter.